The Ohio Veterinary Medical Association is governed by a board of 22 members from around Ohio and representing a variety of disciplines within the profession. Fourteen of the board members represent nine geographic regions of Ohio; the remaining eight members are officers who are elected to their respective positions by members throughout Ohio.
The OVMA Board of Directors is charged with establishing policies, allocating association resources and charting future strategies for the organization. The Board typically meets once per calendar quarter. OVMA members who are interested in more information on serving on the Board of Directors or would like to get in touch with the Board are encouraged to contact the OVMA.
The membership of the Ohio Veterinary Medical Association is served by a staff of eight individuals who provide informational resources to members, coordinate continuing education programs, assist committees and the Board in planning and executing projects/policies, assist in advocating for the profession, provide operational support, and otherwise provide support to various programs and activities of the Association.
To reach a staff member by e-mail regarding the subjects below, click on their title:
- Executive Director Board of Directors, Ohio Animal Health Foundation, legal issues and protocol.
- Communications Director Advertising, publications, Web sites, news and press releases.
- Government Relations Director Legislation, government contacts, Ohio General Assembly.
- Education Director Continuing education, Midwest Veterinary Conference, MVC sponsors, OVMA one-day workshops.
- Education Assistant Conference Speakers, Conference Proceedings.
- Education & Events Coordinator Leadership Institute, OVMA events, Charities in Action, MVC lead retrieval, Ohio State Fair.
- Financial Secretary Billing, membership fees, Conference registration fees, Conference exhibits.
- Member Services Assistant Membership, veterinary resources, general information.