The new Ohio Livestock Care Standards Board has announced it will hold regional “listening sessions” throughout Ohio in May (a listing of the days and cities is below). The hearings will consist of presentations (including some from veterinarians) on various topics plus public testimony on issues and approaches they believe the Livestock Care Board should address.
Factors the board is to consider are:
- Best management practices for the care and well being of livestock
- The prevention of disease
- Animal morbidity data
- Food safety practices
- Protection of local, affordable food supplies for consumers
- Generally accepted veterinary medical practices, livestock practice standards, and ethical standards established by AVMA
- Any other factors considered necessary for the care and well being of livestock.
All veterinarians are welcome and encouraged to attend the Livestock Board hearing in your area. All meetings are scheduled from 6:30 to 9 p.m. These meetings are open to the public and there is no charge to attend.
May 6, Geauga County May 25, Guernsey County
Parkman Community House Mideast Career & Technology Center
16295 Main Market Road 57090 Vocational Road
Parkman, Ohio 44080 Senecaville, Ohio 43780
May 12, Allen County May 26, Ross County
Independence Elementary School Carver Community Center
615 Tremont Ave. 165 W. Fourth St.
Lima, Ohio 45801 Chillicothe, Ohio 45601
May 13, Franklin County
Columbus Global Academy
2001 Hamilton Ave.
Columbus, Ohio 43211
May 18, Montgomery County
Miami Valley Career Technology Center
6800 Hoke Road
Clayton, Ohio 45315