Your OVMA Representatives:
- Class of 2014: Lauren Wagner
- Class of 2015: Katherine Taylor
- Class of 2016: Jill Dentel
- Class of 2017: Paulynne Bellen
Become a leader of the pack...Apply to be an OVMA Class Representative!
Position responsibilities include:
- Serve as a liaison between the OVMA and their classmates.
- Serving on the OVMA Student Activities Committee.
- Attend the Committee meetings as you are able relative to your school schedule.
- Assist at the Midwest Veterinary Conference as a Day Coordinator.
- Assist with OVMA-sponsored events for The OSU College of Veterinary Medicine.
- Must be in good academic standing at The OSU College of Veterinary Medicine.
- Help distribute OVMA materials to student mailboxes.
- Serve as a liaison between the clubs and student organizations at the OSU College of Veterinary Medicine and the OVMA.
- Encourage involvement of the veterinary students with the OVMA, including student membership.
The student class representatives will receive multiple incentives for their involvement in the OVMA:
- Free OVMA Student Membership.
- Be a voice in the veterinary community.
- Priority invitation to all OVMA-sponsored student events
- Leadership opportunities and networking with academic leaders and business owners in the veterinary community.
- Placement in the candidate pool for nomination to the Leadership Institute, a six-month advanced training program for young veterinarians, after graduation.
- A voucher for $100 in OVMA “bucks” for each year served. This voucher can be applied toward the cost of OVMA membership, attending the Midwest Veterinary Conference or attending other OVMA sponsored one-day workshops.
- The vouchers are non-transferable and will be valid for up to five years post-graduation.
The application for the Class of 2018 will be posted in fall 2014.