Setting Up & Managing Your Account
Yes, you must be registered and logged in to post classifieds online.
- Click on the "Register" link at the top right corner of the home page.
- Complete the registration form.
- Note: The "Display Name" field is what will be shown alongside any ads you post.
- Upon submission, you will automatically be logged in.
Yes, if you had an active account on the previous website, your account has been transferred over to the new site, but you will need to set a new password. On the login page, click the forgot password link and enter the same email or username you used on the old website. You will receive an email with instructions for setting your new password.
Updating your information
- Log in to your account.
- On the "My Account" page, click on the "Profile Details" tab.
- Make any necessary changes.
- Scroll down to the bottom and click the "Save Changes" button.
Please note, user names cannot be changed.
Changing your password
- Log in to your account.
- On the "My Account" page, click the "Change Password" tab.
- Complete the form and click "Save Changes."
Posting & Modifying Ads
- Create or log in to your account.
- Click the "Post an Ad" link in the navigation bar.
- Provide the relevant information for your ad, including:
- Ad Type and Category/Subcategory
- Title (100 characters max)
- Additional relevant information (based on ad type/category)
- Note: Required fields denoted with a *
- Images (up to 3 allowed)
- Contact information & region
- Check recaptcha box to continue
- Click "Submit" button.
- On the payment page, select your preferred ad type from the dropdown menu.
- Note: Standard is selected by default.
- If you are an OVMA member or posting on behalf of one, insert the member code in the green box and click "Apply."
- Enter your credit card and billing information.
- Click the "Submit" button.
Please note, by posting a classified listing on this website, you agree to the OVMA's terms and conditions of advertising.
For OVMA members, pricing starts at $100 for a standard, 60-day ad. For non-members, pricing starts at $200.
For full details, please see the Pricing page.
On the payment page, make your selections and then click the red "Add to Cart" button. On the sidebar that slides out on the right side, click on the "Add a coupon code" link, type/paste the member code in the box, and click "Apply" to receive the discounted member rate.
Not a member yet? Join now to take advantage of classified discounts and other valuable benefits! Learn more
After you enter your ad information, you will be directed to the payment page. You may pay by any major credit card (Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express).
Please note, payment must be received before your ad goes live.
Your ad will be placed in a hold status until your payment clears. Once we receive confirmation of your payment, approval typically occurs on the same or next business day, depending on when it is submitted.
We recommend getting creative with your ad headline so it stands out against the competition. Remember, your ad will be sorted into your selected category (eg: Associate Veterinarians), so your title should ideally be more descriptive than just the job title. This is a good place to highlight something about your company, staff, benefits, or some other perk that will catch candidates' attention, or mention a quality you want the candidate to possess. Keep your headline from getting too long by using abbreviations such as FT (full time), PT (part time), SA (small animal), MA (mixed animal), RE (real estate), DVM, RVT, etc.
❌ Associate veterinarian needed
✅ No on-call hours at well-established SA practice in Columbus
✅ $10K hiring bonus for experienced & enthusiastic DVM
✅ Busy MA practice needs RVT with ruminant experience
If you need help, try running your title through a headline analyzer, such as the ones below:
Yes, the text box wherein you type the body of your ad is a WYSIWIG (what you see is what you get) editor.
You can apply basic formatting such as bold and italic, as well as the following text styles (shown as they will appear in your ad):
Paragraph (this is the default)
- Bulleted List
- Bulleted List
- Numbered List
- Numbered List
Block Quote: Text that you want to stand out, such as information you want to draw attention to
Please send us a message via the Edit an Ad form, and we will make the changes for you.
While you must be logged in to post an ad, you do have a few options for posting an ad anonymously.
- Modify the display name on your account. (See "How can I update my personal information or change my password?" above.) The display name is what appears alongside your ad.
- Create a new account that masks your name. (Note, you will need a different email address to create a new account.)
- Alternatively, you can contact us to post an ad on your behalf. Keep in mind that, if we post it for you, you will not receive email reminders when your ad is about to expire.
To run an ad continuously, you will need to renew it manually at the end of each 60-day period. You will receive an email notification seven days prior to your ad's expiration date.
However, if you would like to "set it and forget it," you can pre-pay for a specified amount of time. Please contact us for more information. Keep in mind, if you take your ad down early, there are no refunds for any unused time.
Yes. You will receive an email notification seven days prior to your ad's expiration date, as well as a reminder email three days after. If you would like to renew it, log in to your account, navigate to the "My Listings" page, and click the "Renew" button to the right of the ad you'd like to extend.
If you do not wish to renew, simply ignore the emails. Expired ads are stored in the database for 180 days. You can renew at any point during this time period, but after the deletion date, you will not be able to retrieve your ad and will need to create a new one.
Yes. If you would like to remove your ad before it expires, you may delete your ad via your online account under the "My Listings" tab, or contact OVMA to request removal. Keep in mind that deleting your ad will permanently remove your ad from the site and your account. Additionally, there are no pro-rated refunds for any remaining time.
Browsing & Searching Ads
Use the search tool on the home page (located in the gray sidebar) to search by keyword, location, and/or category.
Yes. You can maintain your own "favorites" list within your account. Each listing on our site has an "add to favorites" link in the green sidebar. Simply click that link to add that item to your favorites list. Please note, you must have an account and be logged in to use this feature.
Send them an email regarding their ad by clicking the "Email" link in the "Contact" section of an ad to reveal a contact form. Your message will be emailed directly to the advertiser. Alternatively, you can use any of the methods specified by the advertiser in the body of their ad.
Yes, you do need to provide contact information for both billing purposes and so interested visitors can contact you regarding your ad.
Yes, whatever contact information you provide during the ad submission process will be visible to visitors.
If a visitor responds to your ad via your ad's built-in email form, you can respond to that individual directly through your email client.
Yes. Simply click the "Email" link in the "Contact" section of an ad to reveal a contact form. Your message will be emailed directly to the advertiser.