At Charles River, we are passionate about improving the quality of people’s lives. When you join our global family, you will help create healthier lives for millions of patients and their families.
Charles River employees are innovative thinkers, who are dedicated to continuous learning and improvement. We will empower you with the resources you need to grow and develop in your career.
As a Charles River employee, you will be part of an industry-leading, customer-focused company at the forefront of drug development. Your skills will play a key role in bringing life-saving therapies to market faster through simpler, quicker, and more digitalized processes. Whether you are in lab operations, finance, IT, sales, or another area, when you work at Charles River, you will be the difference every day for patients across the globe.
We are seeking a Clinical Veterinarian for our Veterinary Services Teams at our Spencerville, OH facility.
Responsible for providing professional veterinary services and managing all phases of health care for the animal colony.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Manage health care for the animal colony.
· Perform veterinary rounds as scheduled, and provide clinical care and preventive medicine
· Perform surgical support and provide anesthesia, surgical and analgesic technical
expertise/advice to facilitate protocol development.
· Develop and deliver training for staff. Training may include veterinary diagnostics, techniques
and minor surgical procedures.
· Provide animal health care guidance for veterinary services personnel as required.
· Ensure that internal and external applications, reports and other materials are prepared and
submitted as required.
· May participate in the response to internal/external inspections and quality assurance audits of
veterinary or animal welfare type content.
· Provide support for activities of the Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC),
including protocol review, program review and facility inspections. May serve on the IACUC
· Perform consultation and collaboration with Study Directors regarding animal care, health,
welfare and treatment. May also consult on the planning, conducting and reporting of studies.
· May assist in sentinel animal monitoring and other monitoring programs.
· Write, review and update veterinary care and/or necropsy SOP’s as required.
· Perform literature searches relating to veterinary subject matters.
· Ensure facility is in compliance with all applicable regulations, guidelines and standards that
relate to animal care and use (E.g. USDA, FDA, AAALAC).
· Make recommendations and assist in establishing and enhancing veterinary and animal care
· May use controlled substances and be responsible for maintaining appropriate records.
· May develop new or innovative surgical techniques or other procedural improvements
appropriate to research studies.
· May assist in management of the activities of assigned section, including supervising
employees, scheduling, personnel actions (hiring, promotions, raises), discipline, personnel
development and performance monitoring.
· Perform special projects and assist with administrative efforts as needed.
· Perform all other related duties as assigned.
· Education: Veterinary degree (D.V.M./V.M.D.) or international equivalent.
· Experience: 0 to 2 years related experience with animal care and surgical techniques. Strong preference for experience in a research/lab animal/GLP environment.
· An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
· Certification/Licensure: Licensure to practice veterinary medicine in at least one U.S. state required. Ability to practice veterinary medicine in the work state highly desirable.
· Other: Computer literacy in word processing, spreadsheet and database software. Ability to organize, prioritize work and meet deadlines. Good communication skills.
To apply, please send a resume/CV (optional cover letter) and location(s) that are of interest to: Aaron Litwin @ [email protected].
OR apply at our career website: https://jobs.criver.com/job/Spencerville-Clinical-Veterinarian-OH-45887/881298200/
About Charles River
Charles River is an early-stage contract research organization (CRO). We have built upon our foundation of laboratory animal medicine and science to develop a diverse portfolio of discovery and safety assessment services, both Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and non-GLP, to support clients from target identification through preclinical development. Charles River also provides a suite of products and services to support our clients’ clinical laboratory testing needs and manufacturing activities. Utilizing this broad portfolio of products and services enables our clients to create a more flexible drug development model, which reduces their costs, enhances their productivity and effectiveness to increase speed to market.
With over 17,000 employees within 90 facilities in 20 countries around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our client’s unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world. And in 2019, revenue increased to $2.62 billion.
At Charles River, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people’s lives. Our mission, our excellent science and our strong sense of purpose guide us in all that we do, and we approach each day with the knowledge that our work helps to improve the health and well-being of many across the globe. We have proudly supported the development of ~85% of the drugs approved by the FDA in 2019.
About Safety Assessment
Charles River is committed to helping our partners expedite their preclinical drug development with exceptional safety assessment services, state-of-the-art facilities and expert regulatory guidance. From individual specialty toxicology and IND enabling studies to tailored packages and total laboratory support, our deeply experienced team can design and execute programs that anticipate challenges and avoid roadblocks for a smooth, efficient journey to market. Each year approximately 120 investigational new drug (IND) programs are conducted in our Safety Assessment facilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Disabled/Vet.
If you are interested in applying to Charles River Laboratories and need special assistance or an accommodation due to a disability to complete any forms or to otherwise participate in the resume submission process, please contact a member of our Human Resources team by sending an e-mail message to [email protected] This contact is for accommodation requests for individuals with disabilities only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For more information, please visit www.criver.com