If you are a veterinarian with a desire to practice quality medicine in an organization that supports its employees and encourages a healthy work-life balance, SICSA may be the place for you! When you join our pack, you not only help pets and their owners, but make a tangible impact in the Greater Dayton community at large. We are in need of a veterinarian who will help us fulfill our mission to provide wellness care for pets of underserved families, alleviate pet overpopulation, and help find fur-ever homes for thousands of homeless dogs and cats. We have a brand new, state-of-the-art facility and are looking to add your skill and expertise to our already robust clinic!
Who is SICSA?
We are the Society for the Improvement of Conditions for Stray Animals or SICSA! For almost 50 years, SICSA Pet Adoption and Wellness Center has been promoting the welfare and adoption of companion animals, and nurturing loving, lifelong relationships between animals and people.
We have several programs in our veterinary clinic that help fulfill our mission of helping people keep pets in their homes rather than having them surrendered to shelters:
- Our spay/neuter clinic provides skilled low-cost spay/neuter services for animals.
- Wellness medical care. Our services include preventative care and management of acute and chronic medical conditions. We do not provide urgent or emergency care services or manage conditions that require hospitalization.
- We also provide wellness medical care offsite in underserved neighborhoods several times per year. During these events, we are able to provide preventative care, manage minor medical concerns, and arrange for follow-up and diagnostics for animals living in identified underserved locations and populations in the Greater Dayton community.
We are able to help subsidize some of the cost of services we provide to the community using funds from grants and donations if families in need are unable to afford their pet’s medical care. This means you as our veterinarian can help even more animals and their families!
In addition to services for our community, our clinic also provides medical and surgical care for our adoptable animals. This includes care for our animals while they are awaiting their fur-ever homes, as well as post-adoption support. All of our adoptable animals receive full veterinary care for as long as they are in our custody.
Who we’re looking for!
We are seeking someone who is interested in working in all capacities of our shelter clinic, including our wellness clinic, high volume spay/neuter, and medical and surgical care for our adoptable pets.
- Must be a licensed veterinarian in the state of Ohio or acquire license prior to hire date.
- Ability to work standing or sitting for 8+ hours a day.
- Ability to maintain a high standard or care and multi-task while working in a fast-paced environment.
- Flexibility to handle stressful situations in a constructive manner.
- Willingness and ability to provide guidance to other staff members and foster and model a positive team-player environment.
Beyond saving lives and making a direct impact in the community, as a SICSA staff veterinarian, you will enjoy benefits, including:
- A family-friendly schedule of four 10-hour-day work weeks and minimal weekend hours
- Health insurance
- Investment options with SICSA matching contributions
- Personal paid time off (PTO)
- Employee assistance program (EAP)
- Holiday pay
- CE stipend
If you are ready to join our Pack, please send your cover letter and resume to Dr. Joyce Voss, Director of Veterinary Services and Animal Care ([email protected]).