MedVet has an opportunity for a strong Medical Director (MD) at our Commerce, MI hospital.
Who You are:
- Have demonstrated leadership with a strong track record of success during times of change, transformation and rapid growth.
- Have at least 5-7 years of progressive growth and experience in a veterinary healthcare organization.
- Have the capability to effectively manage conflict in highly emotional situations with grace and maturity.
- Board-certified veterinary specialists, experienced ER DVM’s, DVM’s with military leadership, DVM’s with animal health leadership, or DVM’s with equivalent experience are ideal.
About Medical Directors at MedVet:
We know that hospital leadership is pivotal to our success. We leverage what we call a Dyad Model — the hospital’s MD works collaboratively with the Hospital Director (HD) to lead the Healthcare Team. The MD, who reports to a Regional Medical Director, is the local leader of Medical Services and oversees all specialty and emergency doctors, as well as interns and residents. The MD promotes a culture that supports development of engaged and empowered employees, who deliver the MedVet Experience in a healthy and sustainable manner while living MedVet’s core values of Teamwork, Leadership and Compassion.
The MD partners with their dyad HD to improve and sustain MedVet’s focus on evaluating, planning, and implementing the delivery of best-in-class healthcare to MedVet patients in support of our mission – Leading Specialty Healthcare for Pets. Successful dyad leadership provides representation of all employees, fosters diversity of thought, and leverages the variable experience and skill of our Medical Services and Clinical Services Teams.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Foster a Culture that supports development of Engaged and Empowered Employees as well as continuous improvement.
- In partnership with the Hospital Director, serves as an overall leader for the hospital, directing both Emergency and Specialty services (Dyad Leadership).
- Lead and direct the Medical Services teams in the hospital, including doctor hiring, doctor onboarding, doctor development, and management of doctor performance issues, partnering with Clinical Services, HR, or other teams as needed. Continually evaluate hiring needs and opportunities for growth of the practice, working in partnership with the Medical Recruiting team.
- Responsible for managing overall department workflows, ensuring that patient care is delivered in an efficient, safe, and compassionate manner.
- Responsible for doctor scheduling, department meetings, and other doctor-facing communications.
- Works with the Hospital Director to ensure the Clinical Services team has the resources and tools to deliver high-quality patient, client, and referral partner experience.
- Works with the Hospital Director to manage overall hospital financial results, including inventory/supplies and other expenses.
- Work collaboratively with the HD, Regional Medical Director (RMD), VP of Clinical services and Finance to Prepare and Manage Hospital Budget and Capital Budget.
- Work with the RMD to Lead Operational Planning efforts and execution for the hospital on an annual basis.
- Ensure Referral Partner relationships are strong and growing by fostering a culture supportive of Referral Partner outreach and CE activities. Ensures that doctors are doing the appropriate referral partner outreach, and coaches them on how to effectively build referral partner relationships so that they can grow their practice.
- Oversee patient care issues, referral partner concerns, and responses to client complaints, personally handling escalated client and referral partner issues. Interacts with regulatory boards as needed.
Why join the team at MedVet Commerce?
- In addition to 24/7 Emergency services, MedVet Commerce offers specialties in Internal Medicine, Neurology & Neurosurgery, and Surgery.
- We are AAHA accredited, and our family-oriented and collaborative team provides excellent support for our doctors.
- You’ll have all the technology and equipment that you need to provide excellent patient care in addition to the support of a highly-trained ICU nursing team 24/7.
Everything Starts with Our Caregivers
- Our doctors are eligible to become shareholders – a rare opportunity to have ownership and share in the growth and success of MedVet & VEI hospitals across the country.
- We offer all the benefits you expect, plus a Generous Signing Bonus, Competitive Compensation, Shareholder Opportunity, Student Loan Repayment Program and Paid Parental Leave.
- Our passionate and dedicated team of doctors, certified technicians, assistants, and client service representatives is committed to being the best in the veterinary profession to give and receive care. Our collaboration, passion, and energy can be felt by everyone who enters our hospital doors.
- Our team members treat patients and clients like they are our own family, and we develop referral partner relationships built on trust, respect, communication, and empathy.
Why will you love living in Commerce?
Commerce Township is a picturesque location, ideal for any nature-lover or outdoor enthusiast. Surrounded by rolling hills dotted with golf courses, vast rivers, and beautiful lakes, Commerce is the perfect, quiet oasis outside the busy city life. Commerce is centrally located, making it easy to travel to some of the larger, more populated cities nearby. You’re just a quick drive from Detroit where you can experience a thriving riverfront, professional sports, and world-class arts. Additionally, Commerce schools are among some of the best, making it a wonderful place to live and raise a family.
For more information about MedVet, please visit our website at www.medvet.com or to submit a confidential CV, email Carolyn Luther, DVM at [email protected] .
There are more positions listed at www.medvet.com/careers. Moving somewhere we don’t currently have a posting? We still want to hear from you!
Come as you are. MedVet is committed to creating a safe and inclusive environment for all team members. You can count on us to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all team members and applicants. Employment decisions are based on merit, qualifications, training, and overall experience and abilities. We do not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship status, uniformed service member status, pregnancy, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.