The Humane Society of Summit County is seeking a part-time or contract/relief Veterinarian(s) to help launch our brand new mobile clinic! This new state-of-the-art mobile veterinary space, MABEL, will break down barriers to accessing spay/neuter, vaccine, and microchipping for all pet owners in our community. Partnering with neighborhood hubs, organizations, and community centers, the MABEL will travel to these partner sites 2 times per week to provide services in the areas of our community with economic need and no local access to basic vet care. The result? Healthier pets, reduced overpopulation, and supported pet owners.
MABEL stands for “Making Animals Better and Enriching Lives!” If you want to be a part of an exciting new way to enrich the lives pets and pet owners, this job is for you!
Our veterinarian will:
- Work with a small team (RVT/Program Coordinator and Vet Assistant) to provide spay neuter services on the MABEL Mobile Clinic.
- Travel to locations within Summit County 2 times per week, providing services for 15-25 animals per shift.
- Limited client interaction, no billing responsibilities.
- 6 hour shifts, weekday mornings 9am-2pm, 2 days per week (exact days TBD with candidate).
- Competitive compensation, flexible work arrangement.
- Build experience providing high-volume spay/neuter services.
- Be a part of a passionate team and an exciting opportunity to make a difference in our community.
Recent grads and experienced veterinarians seeking a change of pace, exceptional hours, and a mission-driven opportunity are encouraged to apply!
$55-$65 per hour and is dependent upon the applicant’s experience and qualifications, and desire for part-time or contractual employment status.
Our organization is a Drug-Free Workplace. Offers of employment are contingent on a satisfactory drug screening prior to, and during, employment with the Humane Society of Summit County.