MedVet is seeking a veterinarian to join our Urgent Care team in Dayton, OH. As an Urgent Care veterinarian, you will work full time as part of a highly efficient, well-coordinated team that can help provide you with a quality work – life balance. The ideal candidate has experience in small animal general practice or emergency medicine, thrives in a fast-paced environment, and is dedicated to practicing the highest quality of urgent care medicine.
Urgent Care Veterinarian:
The primary role of the Urgent Care Veterinarian is to efficiently provide high quality out-patient care to patients with minor injuries and ailments. Responsibilities include all aspects of urgent care that do not require hospitalization, with an emphasis on thorough and timely communication with clients and referral veterinarians. Cases requiring more advanced care will be stabilized for specialty transfer and 24-hour care with the MedVet Dayton specialty services. This is a unique opportunity for a small-animal general practice, emergency, or internship trained veterinarian to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment with the benefit of set shift schedules.
Why MedVet Dayton?
In addition to 24/7 Emergency services, MedVet Dayton has specialty services in Cardiology, Internal Medicine, Medical Oncology, Ophthalmology, Radiology, Rehabilitation, and Surgery. We are AAHA accredited and deliver care to more than 15,000 patients a year. We are family oriented and committed to providing a collaborative environment where you’ll work with leading veterinarians and a highly-trained clinical team in a state-of-the-art facility with all the technology and equipment you need to provide exceptional care. We focus on our team’s professional growth and personal wellbeing with excellent work-life balance supported by weekend hospitalist coverage for inpatients and limited on-call duties. For more details, check out our MedVet Dayton digital magazine.
Why Dayton, OH?
Known as the birthplace of aviation, Dayton is a vibrant and growing city with eclectic downtown neighborhoods, comfortable suburbs with strong public schools, 20 metro parks, and an extensive (330 miles!) bicycle and jogging trail system. The Dayton region also ranks in the top 10% in the nation in arts and culture. Dayton is a hidden treasure rich in arts and culture, offers an amazing food scene, endless outdoor activities, and an affordable cost of living.
Everything Starts With Our Caregivers:
- Founded in 1988, MedVet is one of the largest veterinarian owned and veterinarian led multispecialty and emergency organizations in the country.
- All MedVet doctors are eligible to become shareholders – a rare opportunity to have ownership and share in the growth and success of MedVet hospitals across the country.
- Our passionate and dedicated team of doctors, certified technicians, assistants, and client service representatives is committed to being the best in the veterinary profession to give and receive care. Their collaboration, passion, and energy can be felt by everyone who enters our hospital doors.
- To help you do your job, we leverage advanced technology such as EZ Vet, SmartFlow, and Ovid Discovery (with access to 100’s of texts & journals). To enhance your patient care, our boarded radiologists review all imaging studies and our in-house labs offer state of the art diagnostic capabilities.
- We offer all the benefits you expect, PLUS Competitive Compensation, Student Loan Repayment Program, Family Forming Support Benefits through Carrot, and Paid Parental Leave.
- Clinic hours are 10am – 8pm and there is a cut off time for new cases so you get out on time.
- Urgent care services will be offered 7 days a week.
- Flexible scheduling with 12-14 shifts a month and rotating weekends.
- Specific Responsibilities:
- Assist with the in-person and phone triage process.
- Supervise patient intake and evaluation.
- Provide prompt examination, diagnostic recommendations, and treatment to incoming patients.
- As needed, stabilize for client transfer to the appropriate specialty service within MedVet Dayton.
- Communicate with clients and referral partners regarding patient status, diagnostic and treatment plans, estimate updates, and follow-up care
- Engage in training of clinical service team members.
- Utilize existing templates whenever possible to efficiently complete discharges, medical records, and referral reports.
- Licensed veterinarian in the state that the hospital is located
- Strong communication skills
- Desire to work in a collaborative, team-oriented workplace
To submit a confidential CV, please email Amanda Purcell at [email protected].
Come as you are. MedVet is an equal opportunity employer. We are also a drug-free organization, therefore employment with MedVet is dependent upon the passing of a drug screen and background check.
There are more positions listed at www.medvet.com/careers.
Moving somewhere we don’t currently have a posting? We still want to hear from you!