Hollywood Gaming Mahoning Valley Race Course is in search of individuals interested in experiencing the world of live Thoroughbred horse racing through working in our Test Barn alongside the Ohio State Racing Commission Veterinarian.
This position is best for those either interested in supplementing their weekly income or those looking to gain entry level veterinary tech experience in Thoroughbred racing through the operations of the Test Barn.
Hollywood Gaming Mahoning Valley Race Course conducts seasonal live Thoroughbred horse racing beginning in mid-October till mid-April every year. Races are commonly held Monday through Thursday with occasional live races on Saturdays.
The test barn operates only on live racing days (Monday – Thursday, occasional Saturdays) with the shift beginning at 11am until approximately 5pm. The end time can extend approximately 30 minutes longer based on the number of races and the number of horses being tested on a given day. Mahoning Valley Race Course can offer flexibility in shifts and usually maxes at 24 hours per week.
Daily Responsibilities Include:
- Provide assistance to the State Veterinarian.
- Responsible for taking urine and blood samples from horses designated by the stewards or commission.
- Responsible for accurately maintaining records.
- Responsible for keeping Test Barn and shedrow clean and orderly between races.
- This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive and team members may also be asked to perform other reasonable related duties as assigned. Hollywood Gaming at Mahoning Valley Race Course reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises with appropriate notification to Team Members.