OVMA Student Representatives
Are you a natural-born leader? Do you like telling your classmates about fun ways they can get more involved in their future profession? Can you rally support and build enthusiasm for OVMA and OVMA events?
If you answered yes to these questions, we invite you to become on OVMA Student Representative to your class! This is a great way to get to know your peers, OVMA staff, and even your future colleagues.
Position responsibilities include:
- Serve as a liaison between the OVMA and your classmates, student clubs, and organizations.
- Participate in the OVMA Student Activities Committee and attend meetings as you are able relative to your school schedule.
- Encourage your classmates to be involved with and join the OVMA, answering questions about membership and events when necessary.
- Assist at the Midwest Veterinary Conference and OVMA-sponsored events at OSU CVM.
- Help distribute information to classmates as needed.
- Must be in good academic standing at The OSU College of Veterinary Medicine.
Perks of being an OVMA Student Representative include:
- Free OVMA Student Membership.
- Be a voice in the veterinary community.
- Priority invitation to all OVMA-sponsored student events.
- Leadership opportunities and networking with academic leaders and business owners in the veterinary community.
- Placement in the candidate pool for nomination to the Leadership Institute, a six-month advanced training program for young veterinarians, after graduation.
- OVMA student leadership scholarship eligibility