Congratulations to the following organizations, each of which has been awarded a $300 scholarship to attend the 2019 Midwest Veterinary Conference.
- Animal Shelter Society, Inc – Zanesville, Ohio
- Animal Welfare League of Trumbull County – Vienna, Ohio
- CHA Animal Shelter – Columbus, Ohio
- Clark County SPCA, Inc. – Springfield, Ohio
- Coshocton County Animal Shelter & Humane Animal Treatment Association – Coshocton, Ohio
- Crawford County Dog Warden – Bucyrus, Ohio
- Greene County Animal Control – Xenia, Ohio
- Holmes County Dog Warden’s Department – Millersburg, Ohio
- Humane Society of Delaware County – Delaware, Ohio
- Humane Society of Parkersburg SPOT Clinic – Parkersburg, W.Va.
- Humane Society of Seneca County – Tiffin, Ohio
- Humane Society Serving Crawford County – Bucyrus, Ohio
- Huron County Humane Society – Norwalk, Ohio
- Jackson County Dog Pound – Jackson, Ohio
- Jefferson County Humane Society – Steubenville, Ohio
- Knox County Animal Shelter – Mount Vernon, Ohio
- Knox County Humane Society – Mount Vernon, Ohio
- Shelby County Animal Shelter – Sidney, Ohio
- Stark County Dog Warden Dept. – Canton, Ohio
- Williams County Humane Society – Bryan, Ohio
These grants, generously provided by the Ohio Animal Health Foundation, make it possible for animal shelters to attend this valuable educational event when they otherwise might not be able to.
Didn’t receive a scholarship? Scroll to the bottom for more information.
How can the scholarships be used?
Scholarships may be used in the following ways:
- Apply the scholarship to the full registration of ONE individual and use any remaining funds for travel-related expenses, or
- Divvy up the scholarship funds to MULTIPLE individuals and pay for any additional fees beyond the award amount.
Attendees can opt to register for just a hands-on lab if they wish. If you would like to attend sessions in addition to the lab, you will have to register for the conference (either full registration or one day) as well as the lab. Learn More
How do I claim my scholarship?
- Confirm that you still wish to attend the MVC by responding to the notification email. You must accept your scholarship within two weeks, or we will award it to another shelter!
- Decide which staff member(s) will be using the scholarship funds, according to the guidelines above.
- Once you have determined who will be using your scholarship, complete this form as soon as possible but no later than Jan. 22. We need this information in order to apply a credit to your account, so that you can register online.
- Once you receive confirmation that your credit has been issued, please register online by 11:59 p.m. on Feb. 8 to ensure you receive your confirmation packet in the mail. You may register during Tier III (Feb. 9–17); however, you will have to pick up your packet on site.
- After your registration has been submitted, check your e-mail for a confirmation and make sure everything is accurate. There will be instructions for modifying your registration should you need to make any changes.
- If you have funds left over after your staff is registered, we will issue the remainder of your scholarship as a stipend check, which may be used for any travel-related expenses. This check will be made out to the organization, not the individual attendee(s). Checks will not be mailed; you will need to pick up the check on site.
- Keep an eye on your mailbox for your confirmation packet, which will be mailed to your primary address beginning the week of Feb. 4.
- Be sure you pick up your stipend check while you are at the MVC (if applicable). It will be available in Convention Center Hall A at the attendee assistance counter during regular customer service hours, Thursday through Sunday.
Didn’t receive a scholarship?
If your organization applied for a scholarship but did not receive one, we would be happy to extend the Tier I discounted prices if you would still like to attend the conference. Please contact us at [email protected] for more information.
Questions? Contact us
Contact Krysten Bennett or Natalie Adkins at [email protected] if you have any questions.