Though mental illness has traditionally been considered a taboo topic, the mental health (or lack thereof) of veterinary professionals has become a hot topic in recent years—and even more so as the world slowly emerges from the coronavirus pandemic. Perhaps the best way to de-stigmatize the topic is through open discussion—and a strong community of support.
On this episode, find out what resources are available to OVMA members and other veterinary professionals who are experiencing compassion fatigue, burnout, addiction, or even thoughts of suicide, as we sit down with the wellness director of the Ohio Physicians Health Program.
In part two, the series “Meet the Board” continues with OVMA Secretary, Dr. Eric Gordon.
Mentioned in this Episode
- American Meditation Institute: Rediscover Your Love of Medicine and Life
- AVMA Resources for Wellbeing
- Duke Center for Healthcare Safety and Quality: Enhancing Caregiver Resilience
- Not One More Vet
- Ohio Physicians Health Program
- Ohio Physician Wellness Coalition
- OVMA Health & Wellness Resources
- OVMA Student Liability Waiver Template (member login required)